Yuasa comments on the following subjects:
• Fund investment objective, strategy and philosophy.
• How company ownership is an important aspect in the team's stock selecting process.
• Which stocks he is most positive about currently and why.
• The consequences of the Bank of Japan (BoJ) buying stocks.
• Can Stock Price growth result in overvaluations.
• Which sectors and stocks most benefit the profitability of Japanese companies.
• What actions are being taken regarding labour shortage and to increase productivity. Topics discussed include:
• Finding Japanese growth quality companies.
• Jeff Bezos of Amazon.
• Labour Shortage in Japan.
• Improving Japanese manufacturing productivity.
• Japanese CPI, Inflation, Government Debt and Abenomics.
• Japan Fiscal and Monetary Policies.
• Service sector improvements, Robotics and Artificial Intelligence (AI).
Interest in domestic exporters pushes Nikkei and Topix higher in July
The domestic market moved without clear direction in July with large caps rising, while small caps declined sharply during the month. Early in the month, torrential rains and large-scale floods swept through western Japan, negatively impacting the region’s consumption.